The Advisor T3 is based on Teledyne LeCroy's Voyager analyzer platform with its fast signal-lock and uncompromised 5Gbps recording accuracy. Designed to sit in-line between host and device, the Advisor provides loss-less capture of USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 traffic. Every event is time-stamped including logical state changes and LFPS signals. With its intelligent termination detect mode, the Advisor seamlessly captures in-band reset and hot-plug behaviors between devices.Hardware Triggering
Hardware-based event triggering is essential for pinpointing protocol events when operating at 5Gbps signaling speed. With the Advisor T3, triggering can be specified at the lowest levels including bus states, ordered sets (U0, SKP, etc…), packet types, or header fields (End of Burst, Packets Pending, etc…). The Advisor analyzer can also filter unwanted traffic from the buffer in real-time by discarding redundant patterns such as SKPs, idles, and training sequences.Compact and Convenient
The Advisor's unique small form-factor fits within any briefcase yet boasts 2GB of recording memory. The system also offers spool-to-disk capture, making it well suited for testing software drivers or analyzing system performance. Like all Teledyne LeCroy analyzers, the Advisor features field upgradeable firmware allowing the system to evolve with the specifications.6th Generation Analysis Software
The Advisor T3 provides many of the same features as the Voyager system including the legendary CATC Trace which has become the industry's de facto standard for USB 2.0 protocol analysis. This intuitive hierarchical display can be expanded to show packet level events or collapsed to show complete transfers. A comprehensive tool set is included allowing traffic to be individually searched, grouped, or filtered from the trace.Key Features
- CATC Trace Analysis Software System - Expand / Collapse transfers for fast interpretation of USB traffic
- 2GB Recording Capacity - Capture long recording sessions for analysis and problem solving
- Raw bit Recording / 10-bit error detection - View and correlate low-level 10-bit symbols to higher-level packet structures
- Fully supports SSC and Data scrambling - Fast Locking and Accurate capture on 5Gbps signals
- Hardware Triggering - Trigger on both 2.0 or 3.0 protocol events to isolate important traffic, specific errors or data patterns
- Full Class Decoding - SCSI Mass Storage, 3.0 Hub, PTP/Still Image, Printer, PictBridge, Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), and all popular USB device classes.
- Hardware Filtering - Automatically exclude non-essential and redundant symbols including Idles, TS1, TS2, SKPs, and LFPS sequences.
- Intelligent Reporting - Automatically report event metrics and flag over 20 common USB protocol errors. The LTSSM View provides a graphical model of the logical link states occurring within a trace
- Sophisticated Viewing - View TLP messages and headers, plus logical transaction and transfer layers of the USB protocol
- External Trigger In / Out - External trigger and sync cables (sold separately) allow synchronized recording between multiple Advisors, or Advisor and Voyager.
- 12 Month Hardware Warranty - Protect your investment with industry leading support and warranty
USB Device Decoding
The Advisor T3 software will automatically assign device class decodes using data reported during enumeration by each endpoint. Manual decoding assignment is also available from a drop down menu providing unparalleled support for USB device types. There's full support for the USB OTG specification as well as Video class 2.0, Mass Storage, and USB Attached SCSI (UAS) protocol.Raw Debugging Power
The Advisor T3 includes the Link Tracker display that captures every transition and presents raw 10-bit data patterns chronologically with timing resolution of 2ns. Designed to assist with low-level debugging, all ordered sets including training sequences and inter-packet symbols can be displayed in 10-bit, 8-bit, scrambled, and unscrambled Hex format. Unlike Pipe-PHY based analyzers that swallow 10 bit symbol errors, the Advisor T3 shows malformed packets, framing errors and invalid codes to allow unambiguous analysis of link problems.Find the Issues Fast
Traffic summaries provide event metrics for USB 2.0 and 3.0 events within a trace. The Bandwidth calculator automatically generates performance metrics for every endpoint in the trace. The Bus Utilization report graphs packet length, bus usage by device, and throughput in a histogram format.Flexible and Upgradeable
Advisor T3 Basic model is the industry's lowest priced USB 3.0 analyzer. The USB Standard Edition adds more capable triggering for 2.0/3.0. The Advisor T3 is also available in a USB 2.0 only model that is upgradeable to 3.0. For SuperSpeed power users, the Pro upgrade option brings advanced triggering, real-time metrics and other Voyager Pro software features to the Advisor T3 Standard model: Go Pro