Summit T28 Analyzer
The Summit T28 Protocol Analyzer captures, decodes and displays PCIe 2.5GT/s and 5GT/s data rates for x1, x2, x4, x8 lane widths
The Teledyne LeCroy Summit T28 PCI Express analyzer is for customers developing PCIe 1.0 or 2.0 x8 lane width server, workstation, desktop, graphics, storage, and network card applications.
With advanced features such as support for PCI Express Spec 2.0, data rates of both 2.5 and 5 Gb/s, lane widths from x1 to x8, and a full 4 GB of trace memory, the Summit T28 provides unmatched capability and flexibility for developers and users of advanced PCI Express products. The Summit T28 is by far the most advanced and sophisticated PCI Express Analyzer available in the market today.
As with other Teledyne LeCroy PCI Express analyzers, the Summit T28 leverages the intuitive and powerful CATC Trace analysis software system, embedding a deep understanding of the PCI Express protocol hierarchy and intricacies. The colorful, intuitive and easy to use graphical display allows you to quickly capture and validate PCI Express product designs. All Teledyne LeCroy PCI Express protocol analyzers employ high-impedance, non-intrusive probing technology, thereby allowing fully unaltered data pass-through.
In addition to a full suite of advanced hardware and software features, the Summit T28 introduces new user-convenience and analysis features, such as support for "lane swizzling" which allows a board developer to lay out a mid-bus probe pad with lanes in non-standard order, simplifying the design of the board. Internally the Summit T28 maps the lanes back into their correct order and accurately displays the embedded bus traffic. Other new software features include enhanced error checking for automatic identification of additional error types, more compact trace files that allow for faster analysis of trace data, and the choice of simplified or advanced modes for setting up trace recording options. A new raw recording mode allows bytes to be recorded as they come across the link, allowing debugging of PHY layer problems and combining the features of a logic analyzer format with a protocol analyzer format. The new auto sense link feature monitors negotiation between devices of different lane widths, and the bifurcated link support recombines multilink PCI Express operations that have been separated into narrower links.
The Summit T28 supports remote connectivity by USB, engineers can operate the system remotely (e.g., install the client software on their desktop systems, and control an analyzer operating in a remote lab). Also, multiple engineers working collaboratively can time-share use of a single analyzer, reducing the need for an additional analyzer for each engineer, and increasing the cost effectiveness of the product.
The Summit T28 supports either x1, x2, x4, and x8 -to match user requirements with available budgets. The upward compatibility and 13 month warranty of the Summit T28 also provides investment protection for current Gen1 users who plan to upgrade to Gen2 devices in the future.
By leveraging years of experience in protocol analysis tools for emerging markets, Teledyne LeCroy's PCI Express protocol analyzers blend sophisticated functionality with practical features to speed the development of PCI Express IP cores, semiconductors, graphics, servers, workstations, bridges, and switches.Product Features
- Trace Expert Analysis and Report - NVM Express, SATA Express performance, statistics and analysis
- Powerful & Intuitive CATC Trace - Faster interpretation and debug of PCI Express traffic.
- Expert Software Extensive Decoding - Understand the protocol completely with accurate and reliable decoding of TLPs (Transaction Layer Packets) and DLLPs (Data Link Layer Packets) and all Primitives for PCI Express.
- LTSSM Flow Graph - Look at the trace from the LTSSM State machine perspective to understand how the link is behaving. Quickly see if states are getting stuck or if the link is going up or down. Navigate the trace using the state bubbles that are hyper linked to the trace.
- Compact Trace View - Compact the trace to get a better overall understanding of what is happening in the entire trace.
- Advanced Triggering/Filtering - Find Errors fast by isolating important traffic, specific errors or data patterns. Understand transactions more clearly by removing non-essential fields from the trace.
- Flow Control View - Check on credit behavior between Root complex and endpoint transactions. See the credit decrement and credit updates in the trace with clarity.
- Intelligent Reporting - Quickly identify and track error rates, abnormal link or timing conditions, display configuration space, and protocol specification details.
- One Button Error Report - View the entire trace for PCI Express Errors. Navigate to each error by clicking on the error indicated.
- Dword to Transaction Level Viewer - See and understand Symbol, Packet, Link and Split Transaction levels of the PCI Express protocol.
- Monitoring and Link Utilization - Troubleshoot throughput, link utilization, and bandwidth issues.
- BitTracer Software Option - Records the bytes as they come across the link. Allows debugging of PHY layer problems. Gives protocol analyzer the best of both worlds; a logic analyzer format and decoded protocol analyzer format.
- Quickly identify new PCIe 3.0 start tokens
- See the new 128/130 bit encoding structure in PCIe 3.0 packets
- Auto Sense Link - Analyzes all traffic negotiation between two devices of different lane widths.
- NVMExpress(PCIe SSD) Specification Decoding and Analysis - NVMe Initialization Decoding
- Decode NVMe Commands
- Analyze NVMe Queues
- NVMe Multiple Pointer Based Transactions
- NVMe Power Management
- Extract the PCIe SSD Base Address automatically
- SRIOV Decode Support - Analyze Single Root IO Virtualization enabled devices.
- MRIOV Decode Support - Analyze Multi Root IO Virtualization enabled devices.
- Lane Swizzling - Accommodates specialized or unique board layouts for MidBus connections.
- Deep Buffer Recording Capacity - Capture long recording sessions for analysis and problem solving up to 8 GB (4 GB in each direction).
- CRC Checking - Know that info being displayed is accurate.
- High-speed Interface Ports - No complicated setup required, with 1 Gb/s Ethernet and USB 2.0 ports available.
- Downloadable Trace Viewer - Share and annotate trace recordings within a development team.
- 13 Month Warranty - Protect your investment.