PCIe Compliance Testing
Teledyne LeCroy offers an integrated and automated compliance testing system, including the Protocol Test Card Platform, approved by the PCI-SIG as a standard tool for compliance testing for developers working with the PCIe 3.0 specification.
Teledyne LeCroy offers an integrated and automated compliance testing system, including the Protocol Test Card Platform, approved by the PCI-SIG as a standard tool for compliance testing for developers working with the PCIe 3.0 specification. This solution combines a Summit Z3-16 Exerciser, a PCIe 3.0 PTC (Protocol Test Compliance) license, a PCI Express Test Platform (for testing devices) and a Summit T3-8 Protocol Analyzer. This system has been selected by the PCI-SIG as a standard test tool for PCI Express 3.0.Validation Testing
Teledyne LeCroy now offers an integrated and automated validation testing system for PCI Express root complex and endpoint devices called PCI Express Script Automation Test Tool. This test application presents you with full test coverage for both the Link Layer and Transaction Layer as specified by the PCI SIG for add-in-card and system devices. The Validation scripts leverage Teledyne LeCroy's Summit/PETracer/Trainer systems (both ML and EML models) to achieve the highest performance possible. Tests are available on the x1, x2, x4, x8, and x16 links.
The PCI Express Script Automation Test Tool is packaged with and available at no cost to users of the Summit/PETracer/Trainer systems.
The PCI Express Script Automation Test Tool allows you to:
- Prepare your add-in-card or system board to pass the Validation tests from the PCI-SIG.
- Display a log window that shows you the test events leading up to the pass or fail of an individual Validation test.
- Identify errors, including type, and shows you where the errors occurs in the trace, and includes hyperlinks back to that trace.
- Automatically run tests and save log files.
- Error logs and their corresponding failure in the protocol trace are saved together for product development records.
- Modify the Validation tests and generate test scenarios through the script editor.
Some examples of Link Layer test scripts include:
- Test 41-20 ReserveFieldsDLLPReceive Test
Verify that the DUT ignores reserved fields in an ACK DLLP
- Test 52-160 UndefinedDLLPEncoding Test
Verify that the DUT silently drops any DLLP with undefined encoding and no error is associated with it.
- Test 52-170 WrongSeqNuminAckDLLP Test
Verify that the DUT drops any ACK DLLP that does not have a sequence number corresponding to an unacknowledged TLP and logs a BAD DLLP error associated with the port.
- Test 52-10 RetransmitOnNak
The intent of this test is to ensure that a DUT will retransmit a transaction for which a NAK has been issued