Protocol Test Card
The Teledyne LeCroy Protocol Test Card (PTC) is a multimodal test board used for checking adherence to the protocol-oriented sections of the PCI Express 2.0 specification.
This new tool will be used by validation and test engineers to check for functionality and interoperability of add-in cards, systems, and chips using PCI Express 2.0. The tests are mainly defined to check the platform (BIOS, OS and RC) and add-in devices (endpoints, switches, and bridges) in the form of an add-in card. The PTC Card is easy to use and works at both 5 GT/s and 2.5 GT/s. Simply insert the card into a PCI Express socket and test the PCI Express host or device for conformity to specifications.
- Transaction Layer, Data Link Layer and Firmware (BIOS/EFI) tests for PCI Express 2.0 and 1.x
- MidBusconnector for analyzer debugging
- Teledyne LeCroy connector for Summit™ T2-16 Protocol Analyzer
- Field-upgradeable FPGA
- USB 2.0 connector for topology simulation mode
- x16 Connector for testing add-in cards from x1 to x16 lane widths
- Reduces time-to-market through higher quality interoperability test
- Tests both platforms (root complexes) and add-in devices (endpoints)
- Ensures compliance to PCI Express 2.0 and PCI Express 1.x specifications
- Supports 2.5 and 5 GT/s speeds
- Supports testing with x1, x4, x8, and x16 add-in cards
- Easy to use
- Portable & low cost
The card operates in the following test modes:
- Add-In-card test mode
- Topology Simulation(BIOS Test) mode
Both of the test modes can be controlled by either a command line interface or by changing a dipswitch on the PTC card itself.