Post silicon validation and debug accounts for a growing bottleneck in time-to-market due to continuing increases in system complexity and a loss of visibility. Teledyne LeCroy's InSight Technology consists of a set of modular components designed to be used individually or as a turn-key solution. With InSight Technology, signal capture IP along with advanced viewing techniques and data storage options come together to offer enhanced validation and debug for chip and system level test.
The Teledyne LeCroy IOTA Software Suite is designed to work with Intel's next generation processors supporting Intel Silicon View Technology™ (SVT). This brings Teledyne LeCroy's world class protocol viewing and intuitive user interface to internal trace data from various sources as defined by Intel. The internal trace data is extracted from the system using the Intel provided pod and is fully decoded, time correlated and viewed using Teledyne LeCroy's IOTA Software Suite advanced visualization and analysis software.
Teledyne LeCroy developed InSight Technology to address the simple fact that you can't fix what you can't see. System complexity, increased integration and reduced physical size of the end product creates and environment where traditional tools are no longer useful. Silicon validation and debug accounts for increasing delays in time-to-market and employing advanced visualization techniques can have a significant positive impact in the validation and debug effort.
Insight Technology consists of a set of modular components designed to be used either individually or as a turn-key solution. Insight Technology includes RTL level IP blocks which users imbed in their SoC's, hardware components that let you connect to them and software which let you insert these probes and control their actions. The trace viewer component provides users with Teledyne LeCroy's advanced visualization including multiple data views, zero time search and filtering and multiple reports.
Key features include:
- Fully integrated control of DUT InSight circuits
- Selection of signal capture engine
- GUI to program trigger/filter conditions
- Control of trace depth and recording type
- Push button recording/uploading procedure
- Multiple data views and reports provide in-depth analysis
- Waveform view
- Packet view
- Spreadsheet view
- Traffic summary
- Error summary
- Full search and filter capability
- Dedicated AXI analysis support
- Supports AXI-3, AXI-4 and AXI-lite
- Decodes AXI bus operations
- Hierarchical view of AXI read/write burst operations
- XML-driven trace display and decoding defines the following:
- Signal mapping with bus sizes and mnemonics
- Details of InSightTM DUT IP blocks
- Number of signal capture engines in DUT
- Trace depth
- Trigger capabilities
- Address routing to InSight IP